Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothn' Happened Sort of Day

Strange, nothing-happened sort of day. I guess the only way I could feel this way --since probably as much happened as happens on most days-- is if I was expecting something. I think I expected something would happen in the polls; I think I expected they would go up, they remained steady. I think I thought that with the OPEC announcement of curtailed production something dramatic would happen with prices, up or down; they remained static. Possibly I thought something would happen with the lipstick comment, --it's remained negative for Barack but nothing dramatic. I don't know what I expected, but I do know I have no new insight into anything political.

--I do expect McCain's numbers are going to stay up because Barack had his shot and couldn't pull it off. I can't see any possibility he can get his act together because he only ever had one: I'm a black guy with a grin and I'm not Hillary. I've said again and again that "Hope & Change" never meant anything more than "I hope we can get rid of Hillary." But he only needed half of the Democrat party to do that and he's not going to get half of the nation who want to "get rid" of McCain and Palin.

--I don't believe Palin is going to continue to be anything but a plus, because I don't believe there will be any scandal associated with her, and I'm certain she will be far more articulate than Barry himself; and I don't believe the MSM will be able to hurt her because they'll be dismissed as so clearly in the tank for the dolt. And if Palin can continue to get Barry's goat he'll be the one making headlines.

--Biden is helpful. He slips into honesty every once-in-awhile, and he likes Hillary and McCain more than he likes Barack.

--McCain will remain steady. His image can't really be changed but his positives should go up now that more people will consider him a more probable president and will take a closer look. There's a lot there to like, and conservatives have accepted he's who he is.

--I don't think the economy will be that much of a drag. McCain wasn't President, he can't be blamed, and with recession threatening anyway, who's going to argue you should raise taxes?

--Energy might be very big.

--Iraq is a non-issue --though there should be some satisfaction that there's been victory. --There could be other blow-ups, all of which would favor McCain.

In sum, I see nothing but roses. 'Course, I totally ignore MSM. How many others do? They still are the enemy, but to the MSM I would say: You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

And incidentally, Barry looks like a teenager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home