Thursday, September 04, 2008

She's My Girl

Haven't been posting but have been sending emails. May do a dump later just to have a record of what I thought when. That's supposed to keep me honest in my self assessments. Too bad I haven't been posting. Recently my predictions have been pretty accurate.

Here's one now just to get back in the spirit of sticking my neck out.

--------
K,

Don't know when you called. I was gone part of the time and then all evening had the TV turned up loud in the kitchen.

Thought I would make a couple of points. When I speak of McCain as being a "genius", I only mean I'm exceptionally pleased with the decisions he's made, but I don't in fact know if they're made by him or by Steve Schmit.

More importantly, I think the race is now going to turn around. In Berlin Obama made clear he wasn't an American, that was the turning point because there are more Americans who love America than hate America. But it takes awhile for people to change their minds, it takes awhile for them to even just recognize what it was they actually saw.

With Biden he lost the youth vote, at least in terms of increased turnout; nobody not already committed is going to believe in "hope and change" if the magical maestro picks the opposite of either as his second in command.

And at Invesco field he lost his magic. He gave that much touted speech... and nobody cared. He was watched by 37 million, and his numbers didn't move a point! Nobody cares about him anymore, though nobody has yet said that. True, he's still a Democrat and so will have a Democrat base, but he's now just an inexperienced hack from the machine in Chicago. His appeal had been that he was new, exciting, magical. Now he's no longer new, nor believable: and he's illustrated that his magic is mirage. He's just a Democrat, and one who's disappointed. He's going down.

McCain, on the other hand --"old as dirt", though still supported by nearly half the public-- has pulled off magic... with Sarah. She is new, she is appealing, and the magic is that Sarah is not being compared to Biden, but Obama is being compared to her! This is an unthought, instinctive comparison, but everybody recognizes it's the proper one: If Sarah is not ready, Obama is not ready either. That narrows the options. It's an argument everybody understands, and nobody has to say a thing. That's magic.

I predict that by Tuesday McCain will be in the lead, possibly he'll already be in the lead by tomorrow. I believe that the Obama implosion that I've predicted with a certainty has started.

This all depends on Palin being competent, but then, it is effortless to be more competent than Barack.


See you, --Mouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home