Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Debate

Debate has probably just started but I won't be able to see it and won't be able to read about it until it's over.

Bill Kristol suggests the possibility of smear. Romney's got to hit McCain hard, it's his last chance to break McCain's momentum. Come up with some charge as yet untried, or at least get McCain angry. Kristol says McCain has to recognize this is a possible tactic, and has to be prepared.

Could be presuming too much, too much inclination toward drama among the plebs. We'll see. Wonder if Huck would intervene in such a situation. Crack some jokes, ask Romney about jobs he destroyed as a turnaround artist...?

Or then it might just be a totally boring debate.

-----------------
8:37PM
Occurs to me Kristol's piece was a warning not to McCain but to Romney: Pull a smear and everybody will be primed to catch it. Now to start reading...

My own prediction...? Romney has said he would bring up the integrity issue. I really don't think there's anything he can do effectively other than get McCain angry, and I suspect McCain will hold his anger during the debate. But I do expect Huck could get in some barbs... And then a debate setting might be considered one not controllable, so the safest course would be to play it straight. Actually, in keeping with my intent to put down my predictions, I expect Romney will make some charges. I've repeated myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home