Friday, November 03, 2006

Polls, Pundits, and Dubya

Polls and Pundits predict Democrat victory, Dubya and Rove say no. I'm going with Dubya, on the basis that he's smarter. Smarter, as in: Good Sense, and Political Brilliance. He agrees with me in fact.

Now, I don't have inside information, all I've got is pundits and public polls. If I look at public polls I have to go with the pundits, though without their expertise and background. If I had to choose an authority in this matter it would be Michael Barone, but even Michael Barone predicts a narrow Democrat victory in the house and a narrow Republican retention in the Senate; and he fears the American public may be poised to take another "vacation from history", which would mean Blue Tsunami.

I pay attention to Michael. Still, Dubya is smarter, and he doesn't agree. What does he understand that Michael doesn't?

Possibly...that their are more Americans who are sane than are nuts.

This may be pure faith, or it may be that brilliance I speak of as political, but in as much as this is a national election there is only one issue and that's Iraq and this is serious and there's only one serious party and that's the Republicans.

And that's the whole argument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home