Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Twins: Aint Death Great

Most disagreeable word in the world: Existential. I've hated that word since I was in college. All the freshmen were going around being "existential". I never did know what that meant. I read a big thick book that had that word in the title, read the whole book, did not know what the word meant.

And now I hear Israel is "fighting" an "existential" war, again and again I hear that word, and now I know what it means: Coward; and, Insane.

The coward part doesn't need to be further defined. Just say: IDF. The insanity part can be understood by following the present discussion in Israel. They're talking about "inquiries"; some guy suggested the IDF didn't fight well because they didn't have good flak jackets, the budget had been cut.

Coward. Insane. Israel. In the "existential" dictionary of survival they're all on the same page... Pardon me. Make that: they're all on the same page in, The Real Life Dictionary of Extinction.

...I did talk to my canary this morning. He was glad to see me, greeting me with a kind of tweeting whimper of excitement. So things are good yet in the world. And now off to fight with the in-laws. I've dedicated this week to clearing up certain matters in that respect. It's at least as difficult as taking on Syria, and I shall be victorious. --And tomorrow I may comment on Mama Olmert, that hideous sister to Hizbollah, delighting in the deliciousness of soft grieving over the deaths of soldiers, even at the expense of the existence of her nation. Of course it doesn't matter, she'll just move to New York, grieving... of course. One has to do something with one's time. --Hizbollah celebrates death, Moma Olmert merely enjoys it, because tears, so utterly and deeply felt are... "existential", I guess. Hizbollah and Mama Olmert, one the negative to the other, twins, neither affirming life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home