Monday, August 21, 2006

Spineless, Cowardly, Stupid?

It's interesting that now that the Israeli/Lebanon conflict is over there's nothing I care to write about, nothing that excites emotion. That's pretty easy to understand: In defeat there's exhaustion.

I do have a great many ideas, many of them only half formed because I don't have the energy to work them through. So I won't. It's not my problem anyway. I'll wait a few days to see if the Israelis do anything that makes sense... I'm thinking of insurrection, though possible they have a more discreet way to get rid of their present government.

The problem is this: I've come to doubt that there's even one warrior in that entire nation, yet if the entire nation doesn't rapidly become warlike it's finished, and if that argument has to be made in Israel it's all over except for the waiting.

It does seem at the moment that this is a nation content to be slaughtered. It's depressing. Perhaps I now know what "Never Again" means, it means that never again will they be able to blame somebody else for their annihilation, it will be totally a matter of their own choosing.

But we'll wait a few days. Possibly something of backbone and courage and intelligence will make its appearance.

I'm still pulling for insurrection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home