Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bush Pardons Trites Twosome

Having some investment in this family I think it's necessary to make an entry.

As a friend of the brother of the "Godfather" (so to speak) of the miscreants pardoned; and having for years and years been to various graduations and that sort of thing, in a sense I'm family too (so to speak). So, so to speak, I speak for the family.

The situation was this: The President, stirred to the marrow of his soul in witness to the doom impending on these two members (so to speak) of the Trites clan (so to speak), by name Marshmallow and Yam, saw fit through the large goodness of his heart (and also by yearly tradition) to bestow upon them clemency and mercy and pardon (though they were ill-tempered and fowl) and by that act of compassion save their scragly necks.

So important was this event that not one, but two, news sites gave major coverage (those Trites people must have some pull!). ...I'm wondering. Since it has been established that I am (more or less) sort of a member of the family (so to speak) does that give me "pull" too? "Well, no, I don't actually know George Bush, not personally, but I suppose I could say that I do have access to the White house. Familial connections, you know, that sort of thing." --Could this be a career enhancement?

Now to see if my links work.

1 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

note to myself:

links work, but they're not easily visible. Where I have: "not one but two" I should probably have both in bold and italics.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home