Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Morning Muse

I've kept up somewhat with the news, I haven't kept up with comment. My primary reason for comment is to keep track of the development of my thought. Thought tends to morph into: I've always thought that. In fact, thought does develop. Insight, of whatever its extent, comes slowly. Seldom are things seen beforehand as clearly as they after are remembered as "obvious". Clarity is always after the fact. Anything before the fact is speculation, and is never so firm as it's remembered. So I try to record my stumbles toward understanding. I've written little because in fact I'm uncertain what's happening. This morning I woke with an "insight". I think rather than an insight it's more just a slightly developed clarity of feeling and expectation. I put it down in my notebook, and now I'll put it down in this blog.

-------------
Woke with some insight on Barack... but it has disappeared. I'm presuming that he has no political talent whatsoever, that he's totalitarian, partisan, and an "internationalist". His appeal is purely that he's black and pleasant. That will wear off on those who are not totalitarian, partisan, and internationalist, and that's most of America (where "partisan" means nut left liberal). So dissatisfaction toward him is going to rapidly become huge, but it may not show itself in the polls. It still is just not acceptable to say nasty things about our first pickaninny as President. The dissatisfaction instead will be expressed towards policies. The first is going to be the "stimulus", which everybody recognizes is just debt. It's the debt that's most scary, across all political lines. The specifics that incur that debt are of course upsetting to Republicans.

The specific question I have --the "insight, (which fled, though remains as a sensation) is just: Is the guy really the dodo bird he seems, or does he in fact have some very secrete (and sinister) political brilliance?

There's always a tendency to believe evil has brilliance. I think that's because evil is felt as a force, not as the choice and act of a specific, limited man. If God is good, and beyond our human understanding, so to, evil, as the intrinsic opposite of the good, is felt as a force beyond our understanding and beyond our capacities. That's why, if Barack is seen as evil, he's seen as brilliant. But he may in fact just be a deceitful little dope.

I'm presuming the later. but still, he does have the Presidency, and the constitutionally ascribed powers of that office; he does have the press; and he does have the congress. He can do a great deal of damage. The question is: How much? For how long? And: Can we recover?

But the question again is: Is there some force out there now that is more intelligent than seen in the normal ebb and flow of liberal and conservative?

Barack, and the Democrats, clearly believe they don't need the center or Republicans. "I won", and "We won, we wrote the bill", that's their attitude. Their intent is simply to muscle things through. Can they do it?

I think their idea is that with the levers of power, and with the propaganda of the press, they can Anschluss through with such force that in two years there can be no recovery. They'll control power, information, money, and elections. They will be rulers, and Americans will be subjects.

This is an attempt to destroy our American democratic experiment. It's no different in attempt and intent than the Lenin/Stalin take-over of Russia. But there is a difference. America is not Russia. We've never had a Czar, and I don't think we'll tolerate one now, whatever it's soft and beguiling name. Slowly we do move toward more government control, but I don't think we're yet Europeans. I think once the push towards serfdom and a ruling class is recognized, there will be resistance. At a certain point there will be Americans who will fight --and if this recognition comes early, and it might, it could be that the resistance will be merely a simple triumph at the ballot box. --I think that to establish servitude simply through manipulation, without an army, is probably beyond the Machiavellian brain of anyone just now heading the Democrat party.

But I do see a time of troubles, and I do see lasting damage. This is not a good time, but I do not yet see an irreversible defeat.

-------------
So that was my note. We are in an ideological struggle, this is between the totalitarian and the free. It's forever. The totalitarian wins, always, in time. Free men are rare in history. But I don't think the time is yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home